File Your Taxes
VITA provides access to free tax prep to anyone in Lancaster County who makes $62,000 or less. Get started below.
*There are some additional conditions that could disqualify someone from receiving services.
If you lived in a state other than Pennsylvania at any time during 2019, VITA will not prepare that state’s return. VITA will only prepare PA returns.
What to bring to your appointment
To prepare your tax returns, we need you to have the proper documents, including:
- Social security card for you and your spouse, plus All dependent's social security cards
- Photo ID for yourself and spouse.
- All tax forms from 2019 (for example, W-2, 1099, 1098, 1095)
- If you purchased health insurance through the Marketplace, you must bring form 1095-A. Otherwise, your taxes will not be prepared. If you do not have one, login to your Marketplace account or call the Marketplace (1-800-318-2596)
- Savings account routing and account numbers (checking account is fine) for direct deposit
- Last year's tax return (Federal and PA) if available
- If married, you and your spouse will need to attend the appointment to sign the return
Call 2-1-1 or visit FreeTaxPrepLancaster.org to cancel at least 4 hours prior to your appointment.
Snow/Bad Weather Procedure
Call 2-1-1 or visit FreeTaxPrepLancaster.org for more information and to reschedule your appointment.
Make A Practical Difference In Our Community
VITA volunteers work to life the tax burden in Lancaster by offering low-income families free tax preparation. We will provide all the training you need — no experience necessary.
Thank you to our generous sponsors: